Theoretical Models of Nursing Leadership
Having Trouble Meeting Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on Discussion # 1: Theoretical Models of Nursing Leadership completed on time. avoid delay and – ORDER NOW
You are the nurse manager on a busy medical-surgical unit. You have been requested to attend a hospital administration meeting with your Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and the hospital Chief Financial Officer. The CNO explains that nurse−patient staffing ratios on every unit are being increased, and your ratios must also increase by 1-2 patients on both the day and night shift. The CNO assures you this is a temporary issue due to the seasonal high census, and this decision is not open for debate. You are shocked and don’t know how to respond initially.
Using the Theory of Emotional Intelligence: Page 56
a) Describe how you will demonstrate self-management and social competence to regulate your emotions in this scenario?
b) Discuss how you will respond to your CNO by using this leadership theory.
a) Determine how you will present the new nurse−patient staffing ratios to your nursing staff by using the Theory of Quantum Leadership.
- Initial post: Respond to the discussion questions posted in Discussion board by Monday (11:59pm) must be at least 150 to 200 words in length to earn credit for the assignment
- Peer response: Each Student must respond to at least (2) other students‘ INITIAL post (must be at least 100 words in length by Wednesday (11:59pm) to earn credit for the assignment
- The initial and response posts must each have a minimum of two (2) outside references (i.e., textbook, medical/nursing resources, etc.) to earn credit for assignment
- Cite your references APA 7th
- To see grading rubric, click on the 3-dot menu on the top-right side of screen