Humans are inherently biased, so a successful business analyst should be able to minimize bias while working with data. Cognitive biases play a significant (though often unacknowledged) role in how we understand the world around us and are present when analyzing data.
In your initial post, address the following:
Having Trouble Meeting Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on 8-1 Discussion: Awareness of Cognitive Bias completed on time. avoid delay and – ORDER NOW
- From the video resource discussing twelve cognitive biases, what are two or three biases you may be prone to in your analyses for this course?
- How are they likely to affect your analyses and recommendations?
- How can this impact how you present your findings to your manager?
- Is it enough to simply show the numbers or a graph and expect the reader to glean the same meaning as you have? Explain.
- How might you compensate for these biases in how you explain the results of your analysis or how you use or don’t use graphs and other visuals?