Select a community organization or group that you feel would be interested in learning about ethical and policy issues that affect the coordination of care. Then, develop and record a 10-12-slide, 20-minute presentation, with audio, intended for that audience. Create a detailed narrative script or speakers notes for your presentation, 4-5 pages in length.
Before you complete the instructions detailed in the courseroom, first select one of the following community organizations or groups:
• American Nurses Association: The American Nurses Association is a professional
organization that represents nurses and advocates for policies that improve patient care and safety.
• Planned Parenthood: Planned Parenthood offers LGBTQ+ Care Coordinators who can help connect patients with resources in their community, answer questions, and provide care at their health centers.
Having Trouble Meeting Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on Ethical and policy issues that affect the coordination of care completed on time. avoid delay and – ORDER NOW
For this assessment:
· Use the
Assessment 02 Supplement: Ethical and Policy Factors in Care Coordination [PDF]
Download Assessment 02 Supplement: Ethical and Policy Factors in Care Coordination [PDF]to select the community organization or support group that you plan to address.
· Develop a PowerPoint with typed speaker notes (the script for your voice recording) and audio voice-over recording, intended for that audience. Video is not required.
Note: PowerPoint has a feature to type the speaker notes directly into the presentation. You are encouraged to use that feature or you may choose to submit a separate document. See
Microsoft Office Software
for technical support about the use of PowerPoint, including voice recording and speaker notes.
For this assessment, develop your presentation slides and speaker notes, then record your presentation. You are
not required to deliver your presentation to an actual audience.
Presentation Format and Length
You may use PowerPoint (recommended) or other suitable presentation software to create your slides and add your voice over. If you elect to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with your faculty to avoid potential file compatibility issues.
Be sure that your slide deck includes the following slides:
· Title slide.
· Presentation title.
· Your name.
· Course number and title.
· References (at the end of your presentation).
Your slide deck should consist of 10–12 slides,
not including a title and references slide with typed speaker notes and audio voice over. Your presentation should not exceed 20 minutes.
Create a detailed narrative script for your presentation, approximately 4–5 pages in length.
Cite 3–5 credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your presentation. Include your source citations on a references page appended to your narrative script.
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Ethical and Policy Factors in Care Coordination Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
· Explain how governmental policies related to the health and/or safety of the community affect the coordination of care.
· Provide examples of a specific policy affecting the organization or group.
· Refer to the assessment resources for help in locating relevant policies.
· Be sure influential policies include the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
· Identify national, state, and local policy provisions that raise ethical questions or dilemmas for care coordination.
· What are the implications and consequences of specific policy provisions?
· What evidence do you have to support your conclusions?
· Assess the impact of the code of ethics for nurses on the coordination and continuum of care.
· Consider the factors that contribute to health, health disparities, and access to services.
· Consider the social determinants of health identified in Healthy People 2020 as a framework for your assessment.
· Provide evidence to support your conclusions.
· Communicate key ethical and policy issues in a presentation affecting the coordination and continuum of care for a selected community organization or support group. Either speaker notes or audio voice-over are included for a proficient score; both speaker notes and the audio voice over are included for a distinguished score.
· Present a concise overview.
· Support your main points and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.