Answer the questions below based on the following case study.
Having Trouble Meeting Your Deadline?
Get your assignment on Answer the questions below based on the following case study completed on time. avoid delay and – ORDER NOW
A 26-year-old woman presented to the clinic after her cleaning rituals had so exhausted her that she had given up and could now enter only two of the five rooms in her home. For more than a year she has worried that if her house is not sufficiently clean, her 3-year-old son will become ill and could die. Having touched a surface she has to disinfect it repeatedly – a procedure performed in a particular way and taking several hours. In addition, she repetitively washes her hands and sterilizes all the crockery and cutlery before eating. She realizes that she is ‘going over the top’, but she cannot stop thinking that items may have germs on them. This leads to disabling anxiety and fear for her son’s health, which she can only resolve by cleaning. This helps temporarily, but soon the thoughts return again.
- Summarize the clinical case.
- What is the DSM 5-TR diagnosis based on the information provided in the case?
- Which pharmacological treatment would you prescribe according to the clinical guidelines? Include the rationale for this treatment.
- Which non-pharmacological treatment would you prescribe according to the clinical guidelines? Include the rationale for this treatment excluding a psychotherapeutic modality.
- Include an assessment of the treatment’s appropriateness, cost, effectiveness, safety, and potential for patient adherence to the chosen medication. Use a local pharmacy to research the cost of the medication and provide the most cost-effective choice for the patient. Use great detail when answering questions 3-5.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in the current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
- Late work policies, expectations regarding proper citations, acceptable means of responding to peer feedback, and other expectations are at the discretion of the instructor.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.